Thursday, March 29, 2012

Playing Way Outside of my Bank Roll

My entire time playing poker so far has been at the very lowest stakes of the cash games, the SNG's and pretty much just free roll MTT's. Today, I decided to change that. I Have moved up to playing 10NL. Do I have enough money deposited to play this level? Of course not. But I can always reload :D

While I haven't played millions of hands at 2NL nor have I "grinded up" my bank roll from the lowest stakes, I was always a winning player. Before Black Friday hit, I had about $180ish between Pokerstars and FullTilt. I had built all that up from only a few bucks and had a pretty decent win rate when I was playing. I'm no where near a great poker player, but I definitely know I should be playing at a higher limit then 2 and 4 NL. So I jumped up to 10NL today.

I've had a pretty decent run so far and seem to be playing a better game. It may just be that I'm taking it more seriously now that there is more money involved, but I do seem to be playing a smarter game. I'm going to give this limit a go for a few thousand hands and see how well I do. I may not be able to hack it at this level, but I can always drop back down to 4NL and grind up a while there and polish my game off a while. Either way, it should benefit my game and will be more entertaining while I'm there.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment