Thursday, March 22, 2012

Post Black Friday Poker

Well, well, well. It sure has been a long time since I've played any poker, and even longer since I've posted anything up on here. During the whole Black Friday ordeal, I lost my entire online bankroll. I only played on Poker Stars and Full Tilt, and those were two of the sites that were hit hard. I did get my money back from Poker Stars but still haven't seen anything with the money I had on Full Tilt. Hopefully someday I'll get that all back, but I won't be holding my breath. I haven't played a single hand of poker since all that went down, that is until the last couple days.

I finally talked my self into depositing $50 and not worrying about whether the DoJ will freeze it or not. Just deposit and play the game. So I did. I put $50 onto Carbon poker, one of the big sites on the Merge Network and have been playing a couple hundred hands a day for the last couple days. I've been spending a good bit of time watching training videos from both dragthebar.com and deucescracked.com. I figure my game wasn't that great before and I'm pretty damn rusty so I'll need a little help getting a winning game back.

I know I've said it before in a couple posts earlier, but I really plan on sticking to a pretty good playing, training, and posting schedule for poker. I haven't fleshed out any real goals or anything yet, just kinda getting my feet wet again, but I plan on making it a regular part of my life. I will try and start posting some more strategy related posts on here as well. I figure teaching is one of the best ways of learning, so I'll write up a couple "tutorial" type posts and probably post them on here and at cardschat.

Well that's about it for now. I just wanted to get something up on here, that way I can start making it a habit of getting on here and posting SOMETHING.

No comments:

Post a Comment