Monday, August 31, 2009

Trying my hand at just SNG's

Well I'm back to playing poker, not a lot but I'm playing every day again. This time I'm going to focus just on SNG's. I have played a couple the last few days. I just got done with one a minute ago, but that did not go very well at all. I made a wrong move (maybe a good one, but I don't think so) at the wrong time. I had the button and picked up pocket sixes. The guy UTG+1 called, and it folded around to me. I threw out a x4 raise and he called. He had been bullying people around a good bit and showed down some pretty crappy hands so I figured I was ahead. The flop was AA4, so I figured he missed pretty good. He through out, what seemed to be his standard C-Bet, and I raised him. He called this bet which seemed a bit weird to me, flop was a blank. He checked and I pushed all-in. He insta-called and turned over AK. So that really sucked. Like I said, I'm pretty sure that was just a bad move. But you live and you learn.

Well that was just this one SNG. I plan on putting in a good bit of time and getting a good grasp on these. So far I'm doing ok, but now that I'm on Ubuntu I need to try and find an alternative to Poker Tracker. I haven't seen much in the way of poker anything for linux, but I'm going to keep looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment