Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Home, Sweet Home

Well that trip wasn't to bad at all. Wednesday We had the movers and the exterminator over. I didn't know that the exterminator was going to spray everywhere, and not just around corners and stuff, but he did. So we decided to leave that day. We left around 6:30 eastern time. I wasn't going to stop till I got out of Virginia. Around midnight, my wife decided it was time for something else for us to worry about and broke out in hives. She does that every once in a while when she gets stressed out, all the chemicals we'd be cleaning with didn't help either. I found some Walmart and ran in and bought about 10 things that could help for hives. Benadryl, hive relief, lotions, oh and one big ass machete (for the trip not the hives). I was about half way through Tennessee and stopped at about 3 in the morning at a rest stop. That was definitly our favorite state to drive through. The roads were great, the trees were beautiful, people were nice, and it was just all around a nice drive.

I slept for about four hours and was ready to go. When we got to Memphis we just had to try some Memphis style BBQ. We stopped at some place that was off I-40. It was called Tops BBQ. We got some BBQ sandwhiches, a bunch of sides, and a big old jug of tea. They were fantastic. Everything was great! The sandwhiches had a good mix of tender meat and nice crunchy ends. They were covered in Memphis BBQ sauce and some cold slaw. The Baked beans were good, they had some of that sauce in them and were a bit sweat.

After our tasty meal, we were ready to hit the road. I used to live in Van Buren, Ar when I was younger, and we drove right through it. I showed my wife the High School I went to for a year and a little bit of the town. We drove on through to Oklahome City. HOLY CRAP!!! That is was by far our least favorite state. I will never go through that place, EVER AGAIN. We stopped about 40 miles west of OKC in some Truck Stop at about 1 local time. I think it was a "Flying J".

I got back on the road again at about 5 and made sure I got out of Ok, as fast as possible. About half way through the Texas Pan Handle my contacts were starting to act up again so I had my wife drive for a while and took a little nap. She got us through to New Mexico and I was back at the wheel again. The East side of New Mexico is just about as boring as Ok., and Tx., were. But when we got a few miles out of Albaquerque, it started to get really pretty. Huge mesas, beautiful red rock, and more beautiful desert landscape. Oh, did I mention we were in a huge storm just about the whole trip till about right here? Yeah, we were rained on, no poured on, the whole trip till a few miles into New Mexico. The East side of Arizona was pretty boring too. Not much happened there, we just saw about 600000 signs for all things Indian related.

We got into Phoenix at about 5:30 local time. It was great finally being back home. My wife and I are staying with my parents for a little while, just till we can close on a house. Life is good, and I should be back to some poker here in no time. Till then, good luck on the felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment