Friday, September 11, 2009

I Just Couldn't Stay Away

After trying frivolously to get a decent poker tracker with Ubuntu, I've decide to just dual boot. What that means is, I have both Ubuntu installed and XP installed on the same hard drive. Everything is up and running in XP, except for the sound driver. I can't get that going at all, and haven't been able to with this laptop in XP. No worries though, I just use windows for poker and such.

My internet situation has been pretty interesting the last week or so. I canceled Cox, due to my move, and have been using my PPC to get on the net. I haven't had any problems with it at all so far, and have been pretty happy with it. I was scarred at first to play poker with that. I didn't know how reliable that little sucker would be, but I've been pleasantly surprised.

I guess I just couldn't stay away from the cash games. I was playing a few SNG's every day and was doing ok. I couldn't get rid of that urge to jump back to the good old cash games though. I just think they are a lot more fun then SNG's, and have a lot more potential to help me build up my ever elusive large bank roll. I'm still sitting at around $70 bucks, which isn't to bad considering I started with $35. When I finally make it up to $100, I plan on finally making my first jump. I'll be jumping all the way up to.......... Dun dun dun 5nl. Such a huge leap. It may not be a huge leap, but to me it is a pretty huge accomplishment and everyone has to start somewhere.

When I get home there are going to be a couple more things I plan on doing to help me build my roll a good bit more. I plan on depositing on a couple other sites and try and bonus whore and get some rack back. Doing that should give me a nice little jump in my bank roll. I also I'm going to get back into the Cardschat free rolls and hopefully catch a couple bucks off of those. I know a lot of people consider the total amount on all there sites to be what they have to play with, I'm not going to. What ever is on each site, will be my BR for that site. Doing it that way will/may help with some swings, and will give me more experience. I'm in now hurry to jump up in limits and will take as much practice as I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment