Thursday, May 21, 2009

Last Night Was Fun, Today Was Not!

Last night was a blast.  I signed up for one of the step specials for 3 FPP, and ended up coming in third place.  It was a CRAZY tournament though.  You start with I think 500 chips, which I didn't realize at the time, and was hyper-turbo.  The blind inceased every three minutes, so it wasn't really poker at all just the lotto.  I got exreamly lucky, and caught some pretty good cards.  I only sucked out once and caught one of my three outs on the river to make my gut shot straight.  I was the chipleader or there abouts for well over half the tournament, which was totally I think less than 45 mins.  When I got down to the last three (top two get a ticket to step 1, and 3 gets a dollar).  I took a bad beat where my Aces lost to kings to the guy in second so he took a huge chiplead.  The third person was shorter than I was, and if I would have been smart I would have just kicked back and waited.  But as luck would have it my next hand was kings again.  I raised huge and got called by the leader.  I figured he was just pushing his stack around and didn't have much, so I was pretty much going to push whatever the flop was.  Two queens and a 4 come on the flop, and I pushed.  He turns over Q2o and I'm out, getting a dollar.  If you are ever in the mood for some lotto style fun, these can be pretty fun.

That however was last night.  I think I used all my luck in that little tournament.  Today I had three coolers pretty much one right after another.  The first one I was on the button with 44 just limped in after a couple people with pretty decent stacks.  I ended up hitting my set on a 4Q8 board,  BB went all in and I called.  He turned over two queens and I didn't get lucky on the turn or the river.  Next was just about as crappy.  UTG+1 raised about 4xBB, I was in the cutoff with KK and raised to about 15xBB.  He calls and the flop was KT6 two hearts.  I though awesome, can't get much better than that.  He raised the pot and I pushed all in.  Turn was an Ace and river was a blank.  He turns over AA for the win.  

Just to show you my luck here was a hand I folded (obviously I should have but it just shows my luck for today.)



Well that's all for now.  Off to cleaning and finishing up on my CC article.  

No comments:

Post a Comment