Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Well it's Time for My Scheduled Break

Every two weeks or so I am going to take a day or two off from playing poker.  Doing this will allow me to take a step back and evaluate my game.  During these days off I will do alot of hand reviews, forum posting, reading, watching videos, and just taking a break.  I've noticed that every time I've taken a break from playing, that I come back a better player then before.  I do alot of reading and studying anyway, but doing so when I'm not playing I think helps me alot.  Playing at the lowest level I can, influences my game in a bad way.  Seeing people get paid off with the horrible hands they do, gets me doing things I shouldn't.  Not even noticing I do it, I'll slowly open up more then I should and it hurts my game.  The suckouts I'm sure affect me a bit to and stepping back will put help me put them back in perspective.  

My May goals shouldn't be affected to much by the day or so of playing that I'll miss.  Infact it should help me with one.  I'll probably finish the book I'm reading right now.  I'll also use this time to finish my article for CC.

No comments:

Post a Comment