Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My First CardsChat Freeroll

Well I played in my first CC freeroll today.  It was going pretty good up untill about ten minutes before the first break.  I was setting pretty good with a little over 5000 chips.  I was around 3rd or forth overall.  I picked up A7d in the big blind and it folded around to the SB.  He completed and I checked.  The flop came and Ace and two other broad way cards.  I bet about 4/5 the pot and the SB pushed all in. I figured he had an a king and was making a move.  I was way wrong.  He floped the nut straight and nocked me down to around two thousand chips.  After the break I caught pocket Queens.  The same guy that was in the SB earlier raised (his VPIP at the time was around 45), I reraised to 1500 I believe.  The flop came an ace and two under cards.  He went all in.  I knew he hit his ace but just didn't listen to my self and convinced myself he was just making a move again.  I called and he showed AcTc, no queen came and I got knocked out.  

Hopefully I'll get to play in a lot more of these in the coming weeks and months, and do better.  I made some bad plays in the wrong spots and got knocked out of this one.  One thing I really need to work on, both in tournaments and cash games, is listening to my first instinct.  There are plenty of times that I'll put someone on a hand and just talk myself out of it.  I'll get better at that the more hands I play.  I should be doing it already but a few more times of it getting knocked into my head, should do me good.

I'll try and get a bit more poker in tonight.  I still have a few more of my May goals that I have to hit.  I still have quit a bit more days left in the month, and should be able to make all my goals.  I don't know if I'll make it to 6o0 fpp though.  It's pretty hard to earn them at 2nl, but I'll give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment