Monday, May 18, 2009

Poker Can Sure Piss You Off!

I got off work early today so I figured I would put in a couple hours playing.  I did ok in the cash games.  I think I came out pretty close to even.  But the SNG's really kicked my ass.  I played a four of the $3 SNG's at stars.  One was a Turbo SNG with 10 people, and the other three were regular 9 man SNG's.  In the turbo, people were just going crazy and were super aggresive.  I made move at the wrong time and got sucked out on by someone with bottom pair who caught a set.  The others were similiar; Runner, runner kicked my ass.  The last one I played I was far ahead the chip leader and about the rest of the people pretty much had M's around 10.  People kept goin all in frequently, but no one else would call.  I caught a couple good hands in a row and called.  Within 5 hands I was knocked out.  A couple of them I called All in's preflop with pocket pairs around 10's and lost all of them.  I caught two pair on the flop with one and someone flopped a set.  I know alot of what happened was my fault, but getting beat when I'm far and away ahead of my opponent, both in chips and equity, pisses me off.

My bankroll took a bit of a hit today but I'm gunna make sure that I shrug it off and get back on to my A game.  I may play a bit more tonight, but right now I'm just gunna finish this beer and watch some HSP (High Stakes Poker).  Sometimes that's just the best thing you can do for your game, step away from the table and calm down a bit.  

2 comments:

  1. Don't sweat it and don't expect rational poker out of $3 Sit n Gos man, that'll drive you crazy. Hell all Sit n Gos will drive you crazy forever.

    Just have fun, you're playing for fun so no point in getting riled up. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks I appreciate it. Poker is one frustrating and fun pastime.

    ReplyDelete